Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Paradoxes


What is a paradox?
It is defined as “a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true “. Here's an example :



Happiness or a ham sandwich?

Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Another spoof!

Proof that I am Dracula
Assume :
1. Everyone is afraid of Dracula.
2. Dracula is afraid of only me.
Therefore I am Dracula.


How the hell did I arrive at that?Doesn't that argument sound like just a silly joke? Well it isn't; it is valid. Since everyone is afraid of Dracula, then Dracula is afraid of Dracula. So Dracula is afraid of Dracula, but also is afraid of no one but me. Therefore I must be Dracula!

I got this stuff from:
http://www.sillypore.com/paradox.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home